Yes, you can put a normal trampoline in the ground, but for that, you will need a rigid retaining wall for holding soil. Moreover, you will also need to place your normal trampoline around this rigid wall for support. While burying your normal trampoline in the ground, don’t forget about the correct size of the whole and drainage for removing water. I have reviewed some best in-ground trampolines you can use as them alternative to the normal trampoline.
Steps to put a normal trampoline on the ground:
These are the steps you need to follow for putting your normal trampoline on the ground:
- Digging a hole.
- Proper drainage.
- Built a retaining wall for a trampoline.
- Attaching the mat to the frame.
1. Digging a Hole
First of all, what you need to do is to take proper measurements for digging a hole. This is done according to the size and shape of trampolines.
1.1 For Rectangular Shape Trampoline:
Measure your trampoline size; according to those measurements, put marks or lines on the place where you want to dig a hole.
1.2 For Round Shape Trampolines:
If your trampoline is round in shape, make sure to get its proper radius, then mark
1.3 Hole Depth
The hole depth should be equal to the height of your trampoline. If the depth of the hole is greater than the height of the trampoline, then the chances of injuries increase.
- When you take measurements and put marks according to them, it’s better to dig a little bit according to the shape of your trampoline.
- Because after that, you will get a good idea then dig deep according to the height of your trampoline.
- You can dig a hole by yourself, but it will take a long time, so it is better to get experts’ help.
Must Watch this video:
2. Proper Drainage System::
Keep in mind that there should be a proper drainage system. In case of rain and you didn’t make a proper setup for that, you will face lots of trouble. The hole will be filled with water, and the area will also get muddy.
- By applying an electric drainage pump.
- Drain pipes.
- Soak away holes
2.1 By Applying An Electric Drainage Pump:
If you live in an area where rain occurs a lot, you can install an electric drainage pump in the hole.
For that, you can apply suction pumps. You have to place the pump in the pit under the trampoline and connect it to an electric source.
For connecting the pump to an electric source. You have to dig a trench for that and install an outlet pipe.
If you use a float switch in the connection, it will activate when water reaches a certain level.
2.2 Drain pipes:
This is a simple way of drainage. For that purpose, you have to dig a narrow trench connecting to the hole, then place drain pipes and connect them to the nearby drainage system.
2.3 Soakaway Holes:
This is the cheapest way of drainage. For this purpose, you have to dig a hole in a pit. When their rainfall occurs, it will drain the water to the Earth.
3. Built A Retaining Wall For The Trampoline::
Trampoline is the best source of joy for kids. If you want to put your trampoline in the ground, you shouldn’t put the trampoline directly in the hole you dig.
Its frame should be well supported. Otherwise, if you ignore that later you would have to face several consequences.
The heavy rain can cause mud. The hole walls will collapse because your trampoline will sink in it. Then you have to deal with it.
How Can We Make A Retaining Wall?
To make a retaining wall, people mostly use wood. Some use metals, and others use metal and wood together, which is the most genius idea.
Some also use cinder blocks, metal rims bricks, or wood. If you use wood only, it can be helpful but not long. If you use metal or both of them, that will be more helpful. Now, if you got material for building a retaining wall, the next is
- How are you going to use it?
- Count the legs of your trampoline.
- Suppose your trampoline has 6 legs. Cut 6 thick sheets of wood and 6 sheets of metal.
- The length of the wood logs and metal sheet should be equal to the length between the two legs of the trampoline.
- Firstly wrap the wood sheet first around the legs. You have to drill holes in the legs and the sheets for that purpose.
- Fix the wood sheet using screws.
- If you want to use wood, your work is done up to here.
Retaining Wall With Metal Sheet
- Wrap the metal sheets around the wood sheets that you have already fixed in the same way as wood
- But metal edges are dangerous. You can cut yourself with its sharp edges. Therefore, fold its edges and cover it up.
- If you are only using metal sheets
- Just wrap it around the trampoline and fix it with the legs of the trampoline with the help of screws.
- Again!!! For the sake of safety, fold its edges and cover them up.
- Here you go! You built an amazing retaining wall.
- If you are using a cinder block and cement, it is a permanent wall.
For that purpose, dig a hole first.
- Put the trampoline frame in it first.
- Take measurements for constructing a proper concrete wall.
- Take out the frame.
- Make a proper wall of brick and concrete.
- This is the strongest solution ever!!!
4. Attaching Mat To The Frame:
When you are done with your retaining wall. Put the trampoline in the hole. Attach the mat to the frame of the trampoline using springs
and now your normal trampoline is fully buried in the ground and ready to be used.
- Circular trampoline
- Rectangular trampoline
You can add a net around the trampoline to make it more secure because some people jump too high. They can fall off from it.
- Putting your normal trampoline in the ground increases garden beauty.
- Maximizes size.
- Less risk of injury.
- Time-taking procedures.
Articles You May Like to Read: