A trampoline can be an incredible addition to your home, providing hours of fun for the whole family. But how do you know which size to buy? Is it better to get one that’s 14 feet or 16 feet?
The key lies in your backyard because there are pros and cons to both sizes. In this article, we’ll discuss these as well as some other considerations that will help you make an informed decision on the best size for your home.
14 Ft Vs 16 Ft Trampoline
14′ Trampolines are the most common size in the market. This makes them more affordable and available to buy. They also tend to be lighter, making them easier to set up. 14′ Trampolines are a great choice if you’re looking for an average-sized trampoline that’s easy to install, move and store.
There are a few downsides of this model: they do not have as much jumping space as a larger trampoline, and there is a greater chance of hitting the ground with this smaller frame height.
16′ Tramps are typically heavier than their 14′ counterparts, but they make up for it in other ways. With a higher jump height, users get more air time and are less likely to hit the ground when doing flips or tricks.
These models can also fit people who want to take gymnastics classes on them.
The only downside of the 16′ frame is that they are usually pricier than 14′. Also, they will take up more space in your yard.
To find out which option works best for you, take into account:
- Where you plan on storing your trampoline (a smaller 14′ would be better if storage space is limited),
- How much room do you need for jumping (if too small, then consider upgrading),?
- And what activities will be done on the trampoline (for trick-focused individuals or gymnasts, go with the 16′)?
Let’s discuss some other considerations!
Considerations Before Buying a Trampoline
There are a number of considerations to take into account before you buy a trampoline:
- First and foremost, you should measure the space available in your yard, as this will determine the size of the trampoline you can get (14ft or 16ft).
- You’ll also need to consider any trees or other obstacles that might restrict jumping space.
- Trampolines come in various shapes and sizes, so make sure to choose one that will be large enough for everyone who might use it.
- Finally, if you’re planning on having younger kids in the house, make sure to buy a trampoline with a safety enclosure!
A 14ft trampoline is great for smaller yards where you want more activity but doesn’t want an overwhelming product. It’s an ideal choice for kids 5-12 years old because they have more room to play and jump around without outrunning their bounce.
- If you have more than just the occasional kid coming over, we recommend a 16ft trampoline because there’s more space to jump around!
- For larger backyards or families with older children over 12 years old, the benefits of the extra surface area become even more apparent.
- The increased square footage means more bouncing and fun for everyone, not just the person at the center of all the action!
All in all, choosing between a 14 ft vs. 16 ft trampoline depends on your individual needs.
If you need some more information about trampoline sizes and other recommendations you should visit: Trampoline Size Guide
I’m a 40-year-old Trampoline Enthusiast from the USA who has been researching trampoline and its benefits for the past 5 years. My main focus is to provide you with the best information possible about trampolines so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not this is a suitable activity for you and your kids. Also, I’m reviewing trampolines for different categories, for instance, toddlers, kids, adults, heavy adults, and seniors.