Different areas have different weather conditions. If you live in an area where you have to face the worst weather conditions like strong wind or thunderstorms, then let me inform you that your precious trampoline will be blown away.
It might blow away into your neighbors, trees, or even into electric poles, and you end up finding your favorite trampoline on any electric pole hanging with the help of electric wires.
So at that point, you may think that you shouldn’t buy a trampoline. It will be blown away. Your money will be wasted. You don’t need to be afraid. All you need to do is secure your trampoline after purchasing it from blowing away.
First, we need to know that :
Wind Speed For Lifting A Trampoline
The trampoline is light weighted. When we think about securing the trampoline from blowing away, the first question that arises is how much wind will take away your trampoline along with itself. LOL.
According to the research, if the speed of wind is 40mph, then it will displace your trampoline in your garden, but if its speed is more incredible than 40 mph, then you will no longer find your precious trampoline in your yard.
Let’s make a situation where there are trees in your garden, and you place your trampoline among them, or there is a big wall or any fence, then they will act as barriers against the wind because if the trampoline starts to blow, it will remain in your yard or garden. These barriers are known as man-made.
But if there is no barrier and then at night there comes a thunderstorm or strong wind, the next day when you wake up, you no longer find your trampoline in your garden. All your investments will be gone.
Many people have lost their money because they didn’t know about securing their trampoline, and it was blown away.
So you don’t need to worry about your trampoline safety. I will try to give you the best suggestions as much as possible.
Effective Ways To Secure Your Trampoline From Blowing Away
There are many effective ways to secure your trampoline from blowing away. So keep reading to know these effective ways.
The first way that I am going to discuss is:
Use Of Anchor Kits
The Anchor kit for the trampoline is the best source of securing your trampoline from blowing away. It is made up of galvanized material. Also, it is painted well to prevent rusting and corrosion.
Through anchoring, you fix your trampoline to the ground.
You can use an anchor kit for securing your trampoline, but I would recommend that for the best method, you should focus on the following factors as well:
- The type of area you are living
- Type of trampoline that you have
- Best quality anchor kit.
If you get a trampoline along with an anchor kit, that’s great, but if you didn’t get it, you have to purchase an anchor kit.
There are different kinds of anchor kits out there, but you have to choose a strong enough kit to bear a strong wind.
I would recommend you purchase an anchor kit depending upon the weather conditions your area has.
How To Use Anchor Kit?
You have to follow many steps to use the anchor kit in the best way.
The first step that you have to do is to check the condition of the soil and grass of that particular location where you will put your trampoline to make sure whether it can support the anchor kit.
For this purpose, take a screwdriver. Push it in the ground to let you know how far it can go or any obstacle like a rock.
If you find no obstacle and the screw is smoothly pushed in, this spot is perfect for anchoring. But if you face any difficulty in this process, there might be an obstacle opposing your force of pushing the screw in the ground. So, in that case, it will be better for you to find another perfect location for anchoring.
Once you have located the best spot for anchoring, then you need to perform the following steps:
- Put a trampoline.
- Take a trampoline stake and then push it to the ground.
- If it needs screwing, then screw it properly.
- You have to pull the strap through the trampoline.
- Fix the strap with an anchor stake.
- Repeat the same procedure for the other sides of the trampoline as well.
There are many advantages of using an anchor kit:
- They provide strong anchoring because they can dive deep into the ground.
- They do not lose or leave the ground whenever you use your trampoline.
- Even the soil becomes wet or soft, they remain in place and provide strength to the trampoline as usual.
- Anchoring kits are expensive.
- They need lots of effort while installing.
- Sometimes the strips rip off.
Use Of Wind Skates
This is another effective way of securing your trampoline from blowing away. They are primarily in ‘U’ shape or ‘J’ shape.
As a replacement for the anchor kit, you can use a wind skate. They are mainly galvanized to prevent them from rusting.
- Spot a place where you want to put your trampoline.
- Push the skate (either U-shape or j-shape) to the ground.
- If your yard’s soil is soft, you can quickly push it to the ground.
- You can also use a hammer if required.
- After performing all the steps, make sure that the skates are tight.
Some advantages are:
- It is cheap as compared to the anchor kit.
- Easy to install.
- You need a hammer to fix it up.
- It does not cause any tripping hazard.
Some disadvantages are:
- You have to check the wind skate from time to time because it does not remain vital for a long time.
- If the soil is wet or the ground is soft, the skate is not suitable for that.
- It does not provide extra support to the trampoline.
Wind skates or anchor kit?
- Wind skate is cheap as compared to anchor kit.
- Wind skate can be easily installed as compared to the anchor kit.
- The anchor kit provides more grip and support to the trampoline, whereas a wind skate does not provide extra support to the trampoline.
- Wind skate needs to be checked after a short interval of time, but the anchor kit does not need to be checked.
Use Of Sandbag
The use of sand bang is a quick solution to prevent your trampoline from blowing away. If you can’t afford an anchor kit or wind skate, you can use sandbags. Sandbags add weight to the trampoline frame to prevent it from blowing away.
Also, wind skate and anchor kit can not be used on concrete surfaces, .so you can use sandbags on the concrete surface. For the long-term protection of your trampoline, you should use the best quality sandbags.
The more you use sandbags, the more weight on the trampoline frame.
The safety of your trampoline against the wind is essential. When you buy a trampoline, you must think about its safety as well.
Most people neglect that the trampoline can be blown away by the wind.so I have mentioned different best methods to save your trampoline from blowing away. You can choose one or more of them to save your trampoline.
I’m a 40-year-old Trampoline Enthusiast from the USA who has been researching trampoline and its benefits for the past 5 years. My main focus is to provide you with the best information possible about trampolines so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not this is a suitable activity for you and your kids. Also, I’m reviewing trampolines for different categories, for instance, toddlers, kids, adults, heavy adults, and seniors.